INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Christ Church will always have services regardless of weather. Please use discretion in traveling during dangerous conditions.
FROM THE FOOD PANTRY
This Saturday, January 20th, is our main distribution day for this month. If you’d like to help this Saturday, please send me an email (email@example.com) and let me know. We’d love to have you!
We are still collecting all of our usual items to get ready for distribution:
– Any and all canned vegetables, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, etc.
– Any and all canned fruit
– Canned tuna, or other canned meats
– Boxed items such as mac and cheese, dinner kits (Tuna helper, Hamburger helper, etc), crackers and snacks of any kind.
– Any and all cleaning and hygiene products: bath soap, bleach, laundry pods, dishwashing detergent, shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc.
Thank you so much for your support of this ministry!
NURSERY TEAM MEETING, 1/28
Why do we value nursery ministry at Christ Church? In between services (at approx. 10:20am) on Sunday, January 28th, Chris Borah is meeting with ALL nursery workers—including volunteers & NEW team members—to discuss our nursery ministry. Please make plans to attend!
2018 FAITH PROMISE
Please don’t forget to fill out your 2018 Faith Promise sheets and place them in the offering on Sunday. Click here to print the PDF. These commitments are KEY to Christ Church’s Financial Planning for next year.
2018 SPRING LIFE GROUPS
Details about the Life Groups meeting this Spring (who, what, when, where) are in the hallway behind the Sanctuary. Sign up today!! Contact Chris Borah with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHURCH-WIDE FIX-IT DAY, 1/28, 2PM
All hands on deck! Please help us prepare for our church-wide FIX-IT day on Sunday, January 28th (beginning at 2pm) by signing up for one of the following projects. Email email@example.com and note your selected project from the following list. Paint & materials will be provided, but please BYO paint brushes and extra tools.
- paint interior door, Melrose side (Fr. Ben handling!)
- paint interior door, yard side
- declutter hallways and remove the shelf above coat rack (Chris Borah handling!)
- paint baseboards where the paint has been knocked off
- install kick plates on side doors on interior
- repaint red exterior doors
- replace non working lights w/ LEDs re-stain/seal wood in the Sanctuary
- replace lighting at church sign
- clean the church sign
- fix whole house fan in the upstairs hallway
- fix trim work in altar area
- cover all non-functioning vents and remove the gaffer tapes from vents
JAFC BENEFITS FROM AMAZON ORDERS
We’re spreading the word and supporting our Anglican Chaplains (including Fr. Jesus Dominguez and Fr. Stephen Linkous from Christ Church). Please consider selecting “JAFC” as your designated charitable group benefiting from your online orders at AmazonSmile. For ANY customers who select the JAFC in the charitable groups listing, and shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmileFoundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to our chaplaincy. This adds up!
CAMP BOOYAH FOR OUR YOUTH
The Youth of Christ Church (rising 6th graders-graduating seniors) have an exciting opportunity from June 17-22, 2018, to attend Camp Booyah, an Anglican summer camp at Watermarks Camp outside of Charlottesville, VA. CLICK HERE to view a brief video about Camp Booyah, or visit http://campbooyah.com/ to read more.
We’re asking for generous supporters who would be willing to match the funds that our youth individually raise towards the $429 (per youth) cost. Camp sign ups are “first come, first serve” with most of the spots for camp filling up quickly so we’re encouraging our youth to register ASAP. If you are willing to contribute scholarship money for this event, please place a check made out to Christ Church in the offering with “Camp Booyah” referenced on the memo line. Thank you for your support of our Youth Ministry.
CC LEWISVILLE PARISH WORSHIP LEADER UPDATE
Thank you for your prayers! We’re pleased to be welcoming our new worship leader, Michael Zeoli, at Christ Church Lewisville Parish beginning on Sunday, January 21st.
COVENANT RENEWAL FORMS DUE
Are you a Covenant Member of Christ Church looking for a Covenant Renewal Form to sign? CLICK HERE. Thank you for returning your form to Church Administrator, Lisa Breeding!
WALK WITH RWANDA GROUNDBREAKING
The Walk with Rwanda effort toward financial sustainability for the Anglican Church of Rwanda is planning its ground-breaking event for January 2018. To learn more (and better yet, to travel & view the groundbreaking in person!), please visit the Walk with Rwanda website. Please keep this mission in your prayers!
SOUTHEAST REGIONAL RETREAT
You’re invited to attend the Diocese of Christ Our Hope’s Southeast Regional Retreat in Greensboro. This year’s topic is Catechesis & Discipleship with Plenary Speaker Rev’d Ben Sharpe from Christ Church. All activities of this retreat will take place from February 8th-10th at Church of the Redeemer, 5572 Garden Village Way, Greensboro, NC 27410. To register, please visit https://www.adhope.org/2018-southeast-regional-retreat (the $35 registration fee includes materials and food).
- 1/20, 9am: Food Pantry Distribution
- 1/21, 10:15am: Prayer Team Meeting
- 1/28, 10:20am: Nursery Team Meeting
- 1/28, 2pm: Church-wide Fix-It Day
- 2/3, Afternoon: Church-wide All Clean
- 2/8-2/10: Southeast Regional Retreat in Greensboro, NC
- 2/17, 10am: Council of Advice Meeting with Bishop Breedlove
- 2/18, 9&11am: Episcopal Visit from Bishop Steve Breedlove
- 6/9-6/10, 2018: Christ Church’s 10th Anniversary Weekend
If you would like to place an announcement in the weekly parish notes, please turn it in by 5:00 pm on Monday. Please send the announcement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as you would like it to be worded.